Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing atmosphere models, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- In this movie we'll look at…the different atmosphere models,…and why you would choose one versus another.…Now let's open up the atmosphere editor…and look at our options there.…Atmosphere, Atmosphere Editor.…And up at the top here, you'll see Atmosphere Model.…And it's easiest for us to see the results of this…if we go to the sky, fog, and haze tab.…Because depending upon the atmosphere model,…we will have vastly different options here in this tab.…
The atmosphere model determines how the atmosphere is built,…whether it's a physically accurate simulation,…or whether it's photometric,…meaning that it's in a linear color space, whatnot.…When you click this pull down list…you can see there are five different atmosphere models.…And the default is photometric spectral.…Spectral means it's physically based,…and the colors on the screen…will be determined by physical properties…such as air, dust, and water vapor.…
And sometimes in VUE, this is referred to as physical,…and sometimes it's referred to as spectral.…It's a bit inconsistent, but they both mean the same thing.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.