Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Building layered materials, part of Learning VUE.
- VUE makes it easy to build up complex layered materials,…even if you're working with a simple material type.…I've got a rolling hills terrain here…and I'd like to have grass appear on the flat areas…and sandy dunes appear up here on the hills.…Right now it's just got the default standard material on it…with a gray fractal pattern.…I'll select the terrain and open up the Material Editor,…right-click on the Object Properties Sample…and choose Edit Material.…
And we can load a material from the Material Editor as well.…Click on the folder down here to load a material…and the Materials Browser opens up.…Let's go to the Material Layers tab…and on the first page, we have Sand Flat.…And if you hover your mouse across that…it says it's a single layer material.…Click on that Sand Flat and now it's been applied…to the object.…
The bump effect is not very strong here.…I'd like to increase that before we do our first render.…Go to Bumps and set the Bump Depth up to five.…Press Enter and now we've got a stronger bump effect.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.