Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying an EcoSystem material, part of Learning VUE.
- To quickly and easily populate a scene with many,…many objects, such as plants, rocks, or even buildings,…we can use an EcoSystem.…It's a special type of material that instances geometry…onto a terrain.…In order to fully appreciate the power of EcoSystems,…we probably want to increase the number of possible…instances that we can view at any one time…in the open GL previews.…Let's first go into the Options file,…Options.…
And in Display Options, set the max number of displayed…instances to a higher value.…It's defaulted to only a 150,000,…I'm going to set that to one more order of magnitude,…which is now 1.5 million possible instances…on the screen at once.…And then click OK.…Now we're ready to add the material.…Select the Procedural terrain and go into the…Object Properties Aspect tab, double click on the material.…
The Material Editor opens up and we can see that there is…already a layered material here.…That's a requirement for EcoSystems,…they always have to have at least two layers.…There's going to be a base layer,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.