Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting exposure, part of Learning VUE.
- With our gamma options set to 2.2,…we can now open up a scene that also has…gamma of 2.2 and we won't see that warning message…to adopt the incoming scene preferences.…I'll go to File, Open and Browse.…Here's the scene file that I just saved out,…"06_05_exposure.vue"…and Open, and as predicted we don't get the…warning message and the file simply opens.…Now we're ready to look at photographic exposure…which requires a gamma of 2.2 for best results,…and that's going to give us a bit of an edge…in terms of photographic realism.…
Let's do a quick render of this.…Render, render.…Once again this preview render is not going…to be high quality and that's what we want.…We want it to be a quick render so that we can…adjust aspects such as the overall resolution,…the gamma and the exposure.…VUE uses a high dynamic range lighting model…which means that all the possible brightnesses…are stored in the image and we can do amazing things…with that such as change the exposure after the image…has been rendered, and that's why this exposure button…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.