Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding water, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- This chapter's all about populating scenes…with objects such as rocks and plants.…We'll begin by adding water to a lake scene.…I've got that ready,…go ahead and click to open that,…and browse for the file.…It's 05_01_water.vue,…and I get the warning dialog saying…that the preferences in this scene differ…from those of Vue itself.…That's because I adjusted the gamma…to give us a little bit better lighting and contrast.…We'll talk about gamma in the next chapter,…but for now we can just go ahead and click Yes,…and the scene opens up.…
It's got a Terrain,…just a standard (mumbles) terrain,…and a ground plane.…Let's render this to see what it looks like.…Click on Quick render in the main camera view,…and I've got a simple layered material here…in which I have green grass at higher elevations,…and some soil here down near the zero elevation point…at the waterline.…In this area here is the infinite ground plane…that we always get by default in Vue.…To add water, we can go ahead…and just click on the button on the Object Toolbar.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.