Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a cloud layer, part of Learning VUE.
- We've seen how to load an Atmosphere…from the browser,…and those, of course, are preset Atmospheres.…If you want to create your own clouds from scratch,…you can create a new Cloud layer,…and that can be accomplished either…from the menus or from the Object Toolbar over here.…First, let's look at the menus and examine…how Cloud layers work in the Atmosphere Editor.…Go to the Atmosphere menu…and you can choose Atmosphere Editor,…and from within here, add a Cloud layer.…
You can see in the Clouds tab under Cloud layers,…it's currently empty,…and we can click the New button,…the little icon that looks like a piece of paper or a file,…and we get a default Cumulus layer.…Notice that in this case the OpenGL preview didn't update.…If we needed to update, we can click the Randomize button,…and now we've got some Cumulus clouds there.…Okay, that's pretty simple; that's pretty straightforward.…Of course, we can play around with…all these parameters here,…such as the Height of the clouds,…the number of clouds which is the Cover, and so on.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.