Learn how to create an animated, digital landscape, achieving photorealistic nature effects, using VUE. Aaron F. Ross demonstrates modeling natural objects and materials, creating specific lighting conditions, keyframing, rendering the animation, and more.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Aaron F. Ross. Welcome to VUE: Animating a Landscape. VUE from e-on software is an advanced 3D package, specializing in natural environments. This project is fairly modest in scope, a lonely rock island. First, we'll lay out the scene, sculpting, painting, and designing objects, water, and clouds. Lighting is, of course, super important, so we'll explore VUE's powerful photometric spectral model for daylighting.
To design appealing materials, we'll delve into the function editor. The course wraps up with an introduction to keyframing, and optimization for animated sequence rendering. Let's build our animated landscape in VUE.
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.