Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Populating with the EcoSystem Painter, part of Animating a Landscape with VUE.
- [Voiceover] To conclude our chapter on…camera and scene layout, we will add some ferns…to the rock face using the ecosystem painter tool.…Let's use the perspective camera for that.…Double click on the main camera view and then double click…on the perspective to maximize it.…It will be easier for us to see what we're doing…if the object is selected in advance.…Click to select the rock face, and I'll go into…the ecosystem painter tool, and it's found here…on the control bar, paint on global ecosystem.…
The ecosystem painter dialog opens up.…The first thing to do is to add something to the population…down here, scroll down to the bottom,…and let's click on add plant.…Once again we're taken to our plants browser…and I've got the content files distributed by e-on software…installed and in the grasses plants tab…we can find the fern, here it is fern.…Click on that, it's added to the ecosystem population.…
We can choose its display quality here from this button,…right click on that previewing mode button,…and instead of shaded billboard let's choose billboard.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.