Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of VUE: Animating a Landscape.
- [Voiceover] Over the past couple of hours,…we've seen a lot of amazing results from VUE.…Its features for modeling, animating, and rendering…digital nature are very impressive.…In this course, I think I've made it look a bit easy.…Developing a shot like this takes a long time.…There are many variables, and it takes many hours…of experimentation and troubleshooting before you're…able to effectively art direct the result.…Of course, I didn't show you all of the experimentation.…I just showed the end result.…I just wanted to manage expectations here.…This process can be slow, but the effort is justified…when the result is outstanding.…
I hope you learned what you needed here,…and have fun building worlds in VUE.…Thanks a lot and goodbye.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.