Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding water, part of Animating a Landscape with VUE.
- [Voiceover] Adding water in VUE is super easy.…We've got a ground plane in here by default.…Let's delete that.…Select it in a World Browser,…press the Delete key on the keyboard,…and create a new Water infinite plane.…Simply click on the Water icon in the Object toolbar.…And now we've got a Sea object.…Let's go into its parameters.…With it selected, click on Edit Object.…In the Water Surface Options dialog,…disable "Use global wave control",…so we can play around with some…of the advanced parameters here.…
The Wind direction, I'm going to set consistently…throughout my scene to 60 degrees.…We'll have wind implemented in several places within VUE,…and so that everything matches up,…I'm going to set everything to 60 degrees.…The Wave amount, we're going to reduce that down…to only 0.3.…Wind intensity down to 0.2.…And Agitation and Choppiness at 0.5.…
We don't want any foam.…We'll set the "Foam along coasts" amount to 0.…Likewise with "Foam over waves" down here,…set its amount to 0 too.…Okay, we've set our water surface options…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.