Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding cloud wind, part of Animating a Landscape with VUE.
- [Voiceover] Animating clouds in Vue is very easy.…We just need to know in advance that…the atmosphere editor has its own rules…for dealing with creating key frames.…Most objects will respect the auto key frame state,…currently I have it disabled.…In the animation menu, auto key framing is disabled.…But whether or not that is on does not influence…how the atmosphere editor creates key framing,…because it has its own key frame option…that you can enable and disable.…
So let's go into the atmosphere editor,…and we wanna go to, in this case, the clouds tab.…And there's a big button up here…and it's called forbid atmosphere animation.…If that's on, then you can change any values…that you want in here, and you will not…generate key frames.…If it is off, and you're at a non-zero…point in your timeline, then you will start…creating key frames.…And currently, because we changed our animation range,…I'm at a time index of five seconds.…
If I make changes here now,…and the forbid button is off, then Vue is gonna think…that I want to create key frames.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.