Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a cloud layer, part of Animating a Landscape with VUE.
- [Voiceover] We're ready to add a cloud layer…and customize it.…First, let's speed up our test renders by hiding…some of the unnecessary objects.…We'll put things on to display layers.…Go down into the world browser at the bottom…and click New Layer.…And then select that layer, click it again…to rename it.…Call it Trees.…And then select all the Mediterranean Cypresses…click the first one, shift-click the last one,…and then drag and drop them just below that Trees layer.…
Now they're added to that layer.…We can hide them, for example,…by clicking on the Eyeball button a couple of times.…It's made shy.…Then we de-select the layer.…They're actually hidden.…All right, I'll bring that back by clicking…and now it's visible again.…But let's make it invisible to the renderer…and we can do that by clicking on the icon here.…We'll put the global ecosystem…onto a layer of its own as well…in order to hide it in the render.…Create new layer, click it,…click it again and we'll call it Ecosystem.…
Drag and drop the global ecosystem object into that layer…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Realistic skies and lighting are achieved with the VUE photometric spectral atmosphere model. This course covers adding animation to plants, water, and clouds with procedural wind effects. Aaron also shows how to create camera movement by employing the Timeline's intuitive tools, including animation and curve editing. Rendering many animation frames poses challenges not experienced with still image rendering, and so the course concludes with key strategies for optimizing the balance between image quality and rendering time.
- Laying out the scene
- Importing and sculpting models
- Adding water, plants and clouds
- Directing sunlight and atmosphere
- Customizing exposure and tone mapping
- Building procedural materials
- Working in the Function Graph
- Automatic and manual keyframing
- Editing splines in the Animation Graph
- Adding wind
- Keyframing the atmosphere
- Optimizing render settings for animation
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Scene Layout
4. Animation and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.