Learn how to create a centralized storage location for Vue.js application state.
- [Instructor] So in this video we're going to talk about, … how to manage the state of your application using Vuex. … So what is Vuex? … So it's basically a management pattern, … and library for Vue.js, … so basically what that means is it gives you a way, … to easily miniplate the state across, … your vue.js application, and you can think of it, … as sort of a centralized storage location, … for the state of all your components. … And it allows you to interact back and forth, … between components and sharing that state. … And so what you do is you dispatch an action, … from a component, you miniplate the state however necessary, … and then you output it to the view. … So to understand a little bit better of what that means, … let's look at how you would manage your state without Vuex. … So here you have two components, a parent and a child. … And if I want to pass data down to the child, … I add this property here called msg, … and then it says "this is a message from parent to child" …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.