Learn how to receive JWT in the Vue.js application and store in web browser.
- [Instructor] So in this video we're going to go ahead … and import the JSON web tokens that we created … and use them for our application. … So first go into your Vue.js application folder … inside of services and auth service. … And so right here remember we created this fake token … temporarily so now we're going to replace that … with the real one. … So let's log what we get in the response first to see … if we're getting that token. … So once you do that, you want to go over to your browser … and you want to try to login so you can see a response. … So head over to login and then enter your credentials. … Now if you look at your response here you'll see that … you have a property called data in the object and that … has the token in there so we are getting the token back … from the controller, so now we can use that to actually … set the token in the browser. … So let's go ahead and delete this fake token and now … we can access it using res.data.token and that'll set … the real token. …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.