Learn how to complete the user authentication process using Vue.js directives and functions.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to finish … implementing user authentication on the VJSI … using the token we generated in the previous lesson. … So first, go over back into your VJS app … inside of services in AuthService. … And so since we're setting this token here … we can get rid of this JSON Stringify … since we're not just setting an object anymore, … we're just setting a string. … Let's add another function for logging out. … So, I'm just going to create this function called logout. … And all this is going to do is basically just clear out … the local storage. … And afterwards you want to dispatch … the authenticate action, … so that our application will know we're logged out. … Next let's go into our Navbar. … And I'm going to go ahead and create script tags for this … since I'm going to customize this. … You can just export default. … And I'm going to name it Navbar and add methods. … And I'm going to create the login method here. … So I'm basically just going to import that …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.