Learn what a single-page application is.
- [Instructor] In this video, … we're going to talk about what a single-page application is, … and how that ties in to Vue.js in the application … that we're going to be building in this video series. … So what is a single-page application, or a SPA? … So an important part of building an application … with a MEVN stack, or Mongo, Express, Vue, and Node.js, … is understanding what a single-page application is … because that's what we're going to be building in this series. … And we're going to be using the Vue.js framework … to leverage that. … In other words, most of the single-page application … code base is going to be from Vue.js. … So the traditional website is sometimes referred to … as a multi-page application. … This is basically your common website … where you click on links and it loads a new page, … and you have to wait for the new page to load … before you can start using it. … A single-page application doesn't reload every time … you go to new links in navigation. … It basically loads at initial time when you first visit it. …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.