Learn how to create controller methods that can communicate with the client.
- In this video we'll start implementing our … HTTP controllers, so that we can … send a proper response back to our client. … So let's start off by going into the dev-server folder … and let's go into user and create a new controller file. … Name it user-controller.js and so I'll be exporting … a few functions here so export function … and then call this index. … It's going to take in the HTTP request, and send back … a response, for right now we'll just send an … empty response with a message that says hello world. … And so that's all we need for that one. … Then go into user-routes and what we'll do … is import that controller, so say import all … as controller, from user-controller.js. … So now I can place this response with … that controller method which is controller.index. … So then lets test it, go inside of your JS app, … inside of source, views and then go into home. … And so below components we'll pass on … the function beforeCreate, … and then we'll say fetch … then we pass in the URL where we want to fetch, …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.