Learn how to create basic CRUD endpoints using the Express.js router.
- [Instructor] So in this video, … we'll implement the Express.js Router … so that we can communicate with our API. … So first go into your dev-server folder, … and let's create a new folder and we'll call it API. … And then inside of API, … create another folder and we'll call it task, … and then inside task, … create a file called tasks-routes.js, … and so let's import Express, … and then we'll create a new router for these routes. … So you can just say express.router, … and so now we can say router dot … and whatever type of HTTP request we want to make, … so we'll say post, and one for get, … and another one for get, one for put, … and then one for delete. … And so, this first one is going to be our creating task. … So we'll say slash task as the end point, … and this one will also be slash task, … and this one will be slash task slash ID … because this will be to get one single task, … and this will be for updating, … just say slash task for this one as well, … and slash task for delete. …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.