Get clear and concise installation instructions for macOS X and Windows.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be installing … our database which is MongoDB. … This'll be a two-part episode. … I'll be showing you how to install it on Mac and Windows … because the installations are very different … and sometimes it can be a little difficult … to install MongoDB, so if you're using Mac, … go ahead and watch the first part of this video. … Otherwise, you can go ahead and skip to the middle point. … So one vital tool for Mac users is Homebrew … which allows you to manage packages really easily, … and we can use this to install MongoDB. … So, if you go over to brew.sh, you want to copy this command, … and paste that into your terminal to install it. … Open up a new terminal window … and paste that in and then enter. … While that's running, go over to MongoDB.com, … click Install MongoDB, … and then look for your operating system on the left … under Community Edition, … and then if you scroll to the bottom … there are a few different ways to install it for Mac. … And, we're going to go to this section …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.