Learn how to create a basic server with Express.js and Node.js.
- So in this section we're finally getting into … building our backend, and we're going to do that using … nodejs and expressjs and create our API. … So first, let's start off by creating the … server using expressjs. … So if you head over to expressjs.com, they give you all … the documentation on how to get started here, … this is the command to actually install it. … And under API reference, you can view all the steps to … actually get started. … First, let's head over to nodejs.org and click guides, … getting started, and this is an example of how to set up … your server, so you can just copy this, and we'll add this … to our server. … So over in your project, you want to create a new folder, … and we'll call this folder 'dev-server'. … And then inside of dev-server, create a file called index.js … and paste that snippet from before. … And then you want to open a new terminal window and make sure … you're in the root directory, and you can run that server … by executing node dev-server/index.js. …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.