Learn how to use the Vue.js CLI project generator to create a new Vue.js application.
- [Instructor] So in this video, … we're going to be using our vue.js CLI … to generate a vue.js application. … First, head over to cli.vuejs.org, … then click get started. … Next, you want to click creating a project under basics, … and we're going to run this first command here … to create our application. … So, you want to open up a new terminal window, … and then type in vue create and then the name of the app. … We'll use mevn-stack. … And then, you want to select manual features, … so we'll configure it further, … and you want to select the vue.js router and vuex, … and then just press enter. … Next, select ESLint with error prevention only, … and then Lint on save, and we'll save everything … in dedicated config files. … Once it's done installing, you can just change directory … into the mevn-stack folder, so, cd mevn stack. … And then you can run the npm command, npm run serve. … Which is going to start your development server … for your vue.js application. … And you'll see there that it's running locally …
- Single-page applications and Vue.js
- Preparing your development environment
- Creating a Vue.js application
- Using the Vue.js router
- Building a RESTful back-end API with Node.js and Express.js
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Validating and managing a user session
- Connecting Vue.js to a back-end server
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the MEVN Stack
2. Preparing Your Development Environment
3. Vue.js Core Concepts
4. Building a RESTful Back-End API with Node.js and Express.js
Check HTTP status codes3m 17s
5. Connecting Your Application to MongoDB
6. User Authentication, JWTs, and Session Management
7. Finalizing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.