Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video What is view state and how to monitor?, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- Visualforce pages are rendered through HTTP requests,…and this means that, by default, they are stateless.…And now you may be asking yourself, "What…exactly does that mean?"…Well, being stateless means that when anyone requests…a web page, once that request is made, there's no longer…a connection between the browser that made…the request and the server that handled it.…When a user enters data and clicks send,…that data is sent with a request to the server…in the cloud, but the response that comes back…will simply indicate whether the request…was successful or not.…
Any data that the user entered on the webpage…is essentially lost between page requests,…and this stateless architecture has been a challenge…for web developers trying to track what users…are doing between pages for a long time.…So how do you maintain state between web requests?…Well, web developers have devised many ways…for solving this stateless dilemma, and some…of these include using HTTP cookies, which is…really not used as much as it once was,…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.