Join Sara Morgan Nettles for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the challenges, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- This course includes several videos called Challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands on opportunity to practice and master what you're learning. I'll describe your core objectives for the activity, and give you a rough estimate of how much time you should spend working on a Solution. If the Challenge involves using any sample or exercise files, I'll tell you where to find them. When you've completed a Challenge, make sure to click the matching Solution video, because in each Solution, I'll show you how I solved the Challenge, and give you some of my thinking along the way.
This is an opportunity for you to really master what you've been learning.
AuthorSara Morgan Nettles
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.