Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the actionFunction, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- Previously, I showed you a Visualforce page…that was used to search for accounts.…And just to refresh your memory,…let's do a search on this page and we'll search…for all accounts that start with a letter a.…And because this page isn't using Ajax functionality,…there was a bit of a flicker effect…when it did a page refresh…and it's now showing me all the results.…And just to remind you, if I look at the View State,…it's about 23, little over 23 kilobytes.…
We managed to make some improvements to this page…by changing the sequel query…and also adding the Transient variable to the ACC variable…which is used to return the list of accounts.…And this has improved the page.…But if we want to also add some Ajax functionality to this…then we could do that by using the actionFunction.…To show you how this works, I'm going to switch…over to Developer Console.…I've already created a page…called AccountSearchWithActionFunction…and it's the code that you see here.…
Don't worry, I'm going to go ahead…and step you through some of this code to see what's changed…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.