Join Sara Morgan Nettles for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Workbench to profile data, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- In most cases,…slow performing Visualforce pages…can be directly related to the amount of data…they are accessing,…and how they are getting that data.…In this chapter I'm going to go over specific…things you can do to optimize…the SOQL Queries…that your Visualforce page uses.…And the best way to understand these queries…and how they perform…is to examine them using one of the great…and freely available tools that you see here…that Salesforce offers.…And that is called Workbench.…And I'm going to begin by logging into Workbench,…into a production,…since that's what my developer org is,…in the latest API version.…
I'm going to agree to the terms of service…and log in with Salesforce.…Since I'm already logged in…it's brought me straight in,…but you may get a prompt that says…that you have you grant access.…And if you do,…just go head and click allow.…And this is going to bring me to the first page.…And you can see there are lots of actions…that I can perform with Workbench.…But we're just going to be focusing on…the SOQL Query tool.…
AuthorSara Morgan Nettles
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.