Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Query Plan tool to optimize queries, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- Like most database systems, force.com uses…a complex query optimizer to help it map out…the best route to the data you request.…But also like other systems, the query optimizer…works best when used in very specific ways.…The team that works on the query optimizer…has published a search optimization cheat sheet…which you can access here.…This cheat sheet features things you can do…to tap into the power of the query optimizer…and I strongly suggest that you sake some time…to check it out.…
But in this video I'm going to go over some of the…best ways that you can take advantage…of the query optimizer right away.…And to show you that I'm going to switch back…into my developer org, and I'm going to specifically…access the developer console.…And I want to show you a great new feature…that was added to developer console in summer 2014.…The Query Plan Tool allows you to see firsthand…how the query optimizer would handle your query.…Now this tool is not enabled by default,…so in order to use it you will need to go up here…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.