Join Sara Morgan Nettles for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Rewrite page to use static resource, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- So, here's how I went about adding…the CSS styling as a static resource to…the AccountSearchWithRemoteAction page.…Since I already had the page in my org,…all I needed to do was to copy the code…from in between the style tags.…And then go to the cssminifier website.…Paste it in here, into the Input CSS box.…Click Minify.…And then Download as File.…
And this downloads the file to my local machine.…I can then go back into my org,…and go to Setup.…And Develop.…Static Resources.…And this time, I'm going to create…a new Static Resource,…and I'm going to call this…ChallengeStyleSheet.…And I'm going to choose the file…of the one that I just downloaded.…
And a Cache Control of Public.…And click Save.…Now at this point, I can go back into my page.…AccountSearchWithRemoteAction.…And go back up the very top here.…And instead of having this style tag,…I can remove all of that section.…And instead, put in an apex:include,…apex Stylesheet tag.…
And in this case, I'll have a value attribute,…that uses the expression syntax…to reference the $Resource, global variable,…
AuthorSara Morgan Nettles
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.