Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing HTML, part of Improving Visualforce Performance.
The best example of this is when you have…a head or body HTML tag in your Visualforce…but you have not overriden then by using the apply html tag…and apply html body tags, which are used…to suppress the automatic generation of these tags.…Visualforce will apply its own html and head tags…unless you override them.…And I've actually seen many code examples…that include these tags and you may find yourself…inadvertently applying them when you borrow code snippet,…especially one for code that was created…before the override tags became available.…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.