Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing CSS, part of Improving Visualforce Performance.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Use of CSS or Cascading Style Sheets…is a great way to customize the appearance…of your Visualforce pages.…However, you should proceed with care…because they can also add significant size to the page…and therefore, reduce page performance.…Even though most Visualforce components…allow you to apply inline CSS styling…with a style attribute,…doing so usually results in a bloated page…and is not considered a best practice.…Unless you have a page that only applies one style,…it is better to move all of your styling into one CSS file…which also helps to reduce…the total number of HTTP requests.…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.