Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Limiting data returned, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- Previously I showed you how to use Workbench…to build and profile SOQL theories.…But since I'm using a free development edition…the amount of data in my org is very small.…In fact, I only have 12 account records to begin with.…In this video I want to show you specific ways…you can limit the data returned by your queries,…since this can have such a big impact on performance.…But before I do that, I want to load some more data…into my org so you can really get a sense of the…kind of performance benefits that can be achieved.…
And I'm going to use a service that I have already…subscribed to called generatedata.com.…Now you can use this service and it does have…a free version which will generate data…for up to 100 records.…I can generate data for more because I have a paid…account, and you will benefit from this because…I have gone ahead and created an account data set…and defined the fields that I want to randomly generate…for up to 5000 records…and it's going to produce a CSV,…comma separated value, file…and generate these rows.…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.