- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Sara Morgan, and welcome to Improving Visualforce Performance. In this course, I'm going to take things up a notch and go into what you need to know to become a Visualforce expert. That's right! I said "expert". Because in today's world, applications that run on the internet must not only be easy to use, they must be super fast. And to make your Visualforce pages render fast, there are a few key things you really need to know! And that is exactly what I'm going to show you in this course. We will go over five specific ways you can drastically improve Visualforce performance.
We will begin by discussing view state, and how it can be reduced, or even completely eliminated. After that, we will go over ways you can evaluate the code used to query data, and make that code as efficient as possible. Instead of using the built-in action components, I will show you some alternative ways to make your pages more responsive. And, we will go over how you can take advantage of the built-in efficiency of the standard set controller, and provide pagination to your pages that list multiple records.