Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Rewrite query to use indexed field, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- In this Challenge, you'll be asked…to examine the following SOQL query statement,…using the Query Plan tool in Developer Console.…The statement should return all open Opportunities,…or those that are not closed.…And as you can see,…you have some results here in New Query Results,…and it should produce a total of 31 rows.…And you should be getting the same result in your org.…For this Challenge, what I want you to do…is to start by executing the query,…and also examining the query plan.…
Make sure you notice the cost of the query.…Identify what changes you think could be made…to this query, so it will have a lower cost.…Go ahead and make those changes,…and then evaluate the results…using the Query Plan tool.…Keep in mind that there may be multiple ways…to perform this same query.…This Challenge should only take about…10 minutes to complete, and when you're done,…make sure to check out my Solution video,…where I'll show you what I did…to make the query more efficient.…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.