Join Sara Morgan Nettles for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Rewrite page to use static resource, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
Click Minify, and then download as a file…to have it downloaded to your local drive.…From there, you'll want to go into…your development org,…and add a new static resource that references…this file on your local machine.…Go ahead and name the resource…Challenge Style Sheet,…and don't forget to set the caching to public.…Once the resource is added,…you can go back to the code for your page,…and replace the style tags with…an apex include stylesheet component,…which uses a value attribute to refer…to the new static resource.…
And when you're done, save the changes,…
AuthorSara Morgan Nettles
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.