Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Rewrite page to reduce view state, part of Improving Visualforce Performance.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this challenge, you'll be asked to look at the code…for a new Visualforce page that could…potentially experience performance problems.…The page you see before you is used to search for leads,…and they can be used to search for duplicates.…Even though it may look similar to the page in the last…video, this one works a little differently in that it uses…for the searching a thing called sossel.…And this can be used to search against several…fields in the lead object, and then…return that back in the form of a list.…
And the page that displays it is pretty similar to the last…page in that it accepts some input text for the search text,…and also has a button called Search,…and then displays the results down below,…which include the lead name, company e-mail, and phone.…Just a few various differences here.…So let's go ahead and preview this page…so you can see what it looks like and how it works.…And if I were to enter something like "corp" here…and click Search, you'll see that what I've done is…I've done a search for all leads that have…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.