Join Sara Morgan Nettles for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Change variable text in markup, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
- Previously, I created a new version…of the AccountSearch page,…which you will find in your Exercises folder.…That version displayed the total records found,…along with the page number,…which you see before you.…In this Challenge, you'll be asked to create…a new version of this page in your own development org,…using the provided Exercise Files.…You will then need to make a change to that code,…which will display the starting record number,…followed by the word through,…and then the ending record number,…followed by the word of,…and finally the total number of records.…
For example, a search might return…1 through 20 of 495 records.…I will give you a hint, and tell you that instead of…two output text components,…you will only need one.…Now this Challenge should only take you…about 10 minutes to complete,…and when you're done make sure to check out…my Solution video, where I'll show you how…I added the starting and ending records…to the page.…
AuthorSara Morgan Nettles
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.