Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Built-in Apex action components, part of Visualforce: Improving Performance.
And I'm going to go ahead and do a search…and I'm going to click A here…and click Search Accounts.…And notice what happens when I click search.…The page actually refreshed…and it went white for a second…right before it rendered back the results.…And this is what is commonly known…as that flicker effect.…And this is what happens when the page…is forced to refresh in its entirety.…An Ajax request refreshes…only a part of the page…and it results in no flicker effect…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.