Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Avoiding the form tag if at all possible, part of Improving Visualforce Performance.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Previously, I talked about how Visualforce uses View State…to track data between page requests.…But now I want to look more closely at what causes…this View State to be produced in the first place.…And to demonstrate this, I'm going to open up…Developer Console.…And we're going to look at a page that I've already created…called ListOpportunities.…And in this page, it's using a controller called…ListOpportunitiesController.…And what we're rendering here is all of the opportunities…in a page block table element to that list…that we got from the controller called opplist.…
And we're rendering out the name, Amount, the Stagename,…the Type, the Probability, Closedate, and ExpectedRevenue.…And we're doing all this by wrapping it within…an apex:form tag, and you'll see that down here…at the very bottom as the ending tag, and up at the top…is the beginning tag.…Okay.…So to look at this page and the output it produces,…I'm going to go ahead and click Preview up here on the left,…and this is going to spawn a page and it's going to show me…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.