Join Sara Morgan for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding variable result text, part of Improving Visualforce Performance.
- Previously, I added basic pagination buttons…to the account search page,…and even though this improved…the functionality of that page,…it would be nice for the user…to be able to see information such as…the page number or result size.…In this video, I'm going to add…an optionally rendered section…to the account search page that displays just that.…Wouldn't it be nice to now know…how many records that have actually appeared…from my search and there are some additional methods…that I can use to access that.…
So I'm going to make another change down here,…and I'm going to actually add a section…right above my page blocks table,…and I'm going to add an apex pageBlock section here.…And within that section, I'm also going to add…a title for this…and we'll call this the results.…And I'll just go ahead and make that collapsible…so if somebody doesn't want to see those results…they don' t have to.…
And I'm also going to use that rendered attribute…and I'm only going to display this section…if I have previous or next records.…
- Reducing and eliminating view states
- Evaluating SOQL for efficiency
- Using Workbench and the Query Plan tool to evaluate queries
- Reducing use of action tags through Visualforce remoting
- Working with the StandardSetController class
- Using static resources
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Reducing or Eliminating View State
3. Evaluating Queries for Efficiency
Limiting data returned10m 8s
4. Reducing Use of Action Tags
5. Taking Advantage of StandardSetControllers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.