Explore a sample of creating a specialist dictionary application—these examples use Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] Let's apply the idea of a Word Add-In…by creating a sample which will be a specialist glossary.…Here's how the Glossary will work.…We'll select some text in a document…and the Add-In will analyze the text…and where it sees a word that matches an item…in it's dictionary it's going to add…that word to the Glossary list.…If the user clicks a button…it will append the resulting Glossary…to the end of the document.…We could prototype this with Adobe XD…but in this case we're going to just use a quick sketch.…
The Add-In will be a command button…that launches a task pane with a tabbed navigation bar…which will use the pivot component from Office UI Fabric.…We'll have a home page, a Glossary page and a help page.…When we click on the Create button…it's going to scan the content of the document…for words that exist in it's dictionary…and then create the Glossary that you'll be able…to preview on the Glossary tab.…
Then when we click on the Append button…it's going to add the Glossary, formatted of course,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.