Watch a demonstration of binding to a range of cells. A sample from the ScriptLab demo is used, expanded, and further customized, ready for deployment using Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] Let's say we want to…make a 3D chart, so we'll look for a sample…that's gonna help us with that.…And if I scroll down here…to the chart section, there's one called…Create Additional Chart Types.…Let's load that up,…and if we run that just to see what it does,…you can see it's got a setup method,…which we can call with this button…to create some test data,…and then we've got various different types of chart…that we can create, so here's a 3D chart for example,…and that's gonna produce this thing.…
It's gone all the way down, but there it is,…a 3D chart that generated from that data.…And if we look at the script itself,…we can see that we've got a setup method…and create 3D chart, maps here on line five…to the create 3D chart method,…and these are defined further down here.…Let's steal some code from this sample.…
I'm going to extract the sample data,…which is in a method called setup in here,…and copy it into my paste buffer,…and then I'm going to go back to Visual Studio,…and remember, in this project there was a…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.