Make the most of Visual Studio Code when working with Python projects. Learn about writing and debugging Python code, maximizing your productivity with extensions, and more.
- [Instructor] An awesome programming language like Python deserves an equally awesome code editor and IDE. By now you've probably heard about Visual Studio code and maybe you're already using it for some of your projects. VS code has quickly become one of the go-to choices for many Python developers because of the fantastic support it provides for the language right out of the box. You can execute Python code right from within the editor using either the Python interpreter to run code line by line or by using the built-in terminal to execute individual program files. With the Microsoft supply Python extension installed, you get features such as an integrated debugger that lets you step through code and examine variables and expressions, along with great editor features like (mumbles) and statement completion and even some advanced features like code refactoring and formatting. Hi I'm Joe Marini and I've been building software professionally for more than 30 years for companies like Adobe, Microsoft, and Google. If you're looking to maximize your productivity and enjoyment when working with Python, then come join me in my course as we learn about using Visual Studio code to develop Python apps. Come on let's get started.
- Constructing a simple Python program in VS Code
- Editing, formatting, and refactoring Python code
- Debugging Python code
- Setting breakpoints
- Using Python docstring
- Creating better comments for your source code
- Using the REST Client extension