Learn the basic concepts of IntelliSense and how it transforms the coding experience in Visual Studio 2015. See how auto-completion lists take the guesswork out of choosing the appropriate code word. Learn how code snippets insert boilerplate code and how brace matching assures that no brace goes unmatched.
- When you write code or markup in an editor,…you get a lot of help.…This collective set of editor tools…is known as IntelliSense.…I'll show you the IntelliSense in this C# file, Book.cs.…Each language editor has its own set of helpers.…For example, you might see a drop-down list…of common programming keywords when writing F# code,…but when editing an .html file, see a drop-down…containing familiar markup tags.…Some editors might provide a library of…code snippets that generate boilerplate code for you.…
Usually the IntelliSense tools look similar…across the editors.…Once you've seen how it works in a Visual Basic editor,…you'll instantly understand it…when you see it in the XML editor.…Let me show you a few of the common IntelliSense tools.…You can be sure that I'll show you…more details as this course unfolds.…I'd like to write a new method inside this book class.…I'll do it here on line 20.…I'm starting on line 19.…I'm going to press the Enter key and show you…one of the features of Visual Studio,…is that the indentation is called smart indentation,…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.