See a demonstration of how to work with Microsoft Graph to work with user's content beyond the current document, such as using email message.
- [Instructor] What if you want to get data…from Office 365 that isn't part of the message?…For example, you might want to move the message…to another folder,…or perhaps reach out to the user's mailbox.…One way of achieving this is to use the Outlook rest API,…but to use that, you need an authorization token.…We could use the office add-in dialog API…we looked at earlier in the course…to prompt a user for credentials,…but users hate having to keep signing in.…Ideally, we'd like to use some kind of single sign-on…and since most users are signed in to Windows…or to Office 365,…we can take advantage of the Office context mailbox…getCallbackTokenAsync method.…
This will give us a token that we can use…to make an AJAX call to the Outlook API from the client…or from the web application,…and you can also work with the Microsoft graph in this way.…We don't have time in this course, unfortunately,…to explore this in detail,…but in the links for the course,…I'll give you some pointers to sample code…that allows you to do this.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.