Code snippets are small sections of code that can be automatically generated and inserted into your app. They show up in IntelliSense and are customizable. Plus they have placeholders within the snippet, after the snippet is entered, you can tab to predefined spots in the snippet, to quickly changes values or parameters.
- A few years back, Visual Studio introduced…the idea of "code snippets".…Snippets are small sections of code that can…automatically be generated and inserted into your code.…They show up in IntelliSense and are customizable.…Plus they have placeholders within the snippet.…After the snippet is entered, you can tab to…various pre-defined spots in the snippet…to quickly change values or parameters.…Our first stop is to look at the Code Snippets Manager.…This dialog shows all the installed snippets.…
This Code Snippets Manager is divided by languages.…At the top is a drop-down that contains the languages…that have snippets available.…So there's one for CSharp, Basic, CSS, HTML…and many more.…When you look in here, you can see all…of the snippets that are installed that are available…in the VB Editor.…Here's one for creating a sorted dictionary.…Here's one for working with Office.…
If you look inside CSharp, we have…Office Development here too.…We also have Refactoring items,…and Capsulating fields, and event stubs.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.