Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with the Diagnostics window, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 06 Debug and Troubleshoot Code.
- Are you interested in exploring…the lifetime performance and memory usage…in your application?…If so, then take a look at the Diagnostics Debugging Window.…It collects data as you application runs…under the debugger.…Taking snapshots of application statistics…and important moments.…You can look at this historical data…at any time during the current debug session.…To demonstrate, I'll use the code in this solution.…I'll start by showing you what the application looks like.…I have four buttons on the right side of the screen.…
Clicking the first button fills this list box…with a list of randomly generated female names.…Clicking on the fourth button fills…this list box, but it'll have a two second or so…pause before it does so.…Clicking on the second and third button…adds a single randomly generated name…to this area of the screen.…To make the demo interesting,…I've added some code to my name generator…library that stresses the CPU and…increases the memory of my application.…
This is test code built for this purpose.…
- Understanding the debugging vocabulary
- Understanding the defect categories
- Stepping through code
- Working with DataTips and visualizers
- Traversing the call stack
- Attaching debuggers to running processes
- Using the Just-in-Time debugger
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Run to Click and Exception Helper in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. The Philosophy of Debugging and Troubleshooting Code
Understand defect categories8m 19s
2. Use the Debug Tools in Visual Studio
3. Debugging Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.