- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Welcome to my Build Dramatic Desktop Applications with Windows Presentation Foundation course. Join me as I embark on a series to explore the Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation. This remarkable tool is the best choice in the Microsoft tool set for creating rich, and powerful desktop applications. The course starts with an overview of WPF and XAML markup language. Then, I look at the default WPF template structure. Once the fundamentals are established, I build a sample application that showcases many of the interesting features available in WPF.
I'll look at UI layout and working with image assets. There is a section on using customer user controls, too. Next, I investigate data binding and data templates. Then, take a side-trip into styles and control templates. Finally, I explore cool concepts like 3D and UI effects. That's the topics for this course. I know you are ready to go. Let's do this.