WPF is not the only Microsoft Windows development framework. This tutorial compares the benefits of the three frameworks, Windows Forms, WPF and Universal Windows Applications.
- [Instructor] Microsoft has a number of frameworks…for building Windows applications.…In this demonstration,…I'll look at three of the most popular…that Microsoft has created…and that would be WinForms, or Windows Forms,…WPF, and Universal Windows applications.…I've got examples of all three of them inside this solution,…so this is my WinForm example.…Here's my WPF example.…And both of these two projects are using some code…that's in this TourLib,…and then this PhotoSharingApp Universal…is a sample application from Microsoft.…
This is my Universal Windows application,…and it's using some code…in this portable class library here.…So the first thing I want to do is…I want to show you the WPF…and the Windows Forms application running side by side.…To do that, I'll go to my Solution,…Set StartUp Projects,…switch to Multiple startup projects,…and then choose Start in this dropdown…for these two examples.…And I'll go to the Debug menu and Start Debugging.…
The window on the left is the WinForm.…The window on the right is WPF.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.