Join Paul Hacker for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of DevOps with Visual Studio Team Services.
- [Lecturer] In order to get the most out of this course there are some things you should know. It would be a good idea to be familiar with Visual Studio Team Services. If you're not familiar you can always take the course, Learning Visual Studio Team Services, available in our library. Install Visual Studio Enterprise on a PC, there's a trial edition that you can download and use. Have a Visual Studio Team Services account, there's free accounts at visualstudio.com. Be aware that some elements of this course are web-based, the version of VSTS and Azure you see in this course were the most current during recording.
Because Microsoft frequently updates and improves VSTS the version you see in your browser may be slightly different from that shown in the course. If certain buttons or elements have moved, try exploring the interface. The core concepts and principles remain the same.
- What's DevOps?
- Version control Git
- Using TFVC
- Creating the continuous integration build in Git and TFVC
- Continuous delivery
- Creating and running a release management pipeline
- Continuous testing
- Implementing Application Insights
- Reading Application Insights data