Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 00 Setup and Configuration.
- [Instructor] What should you know before beginning this Visual Studio Essential series? Each course in this series looks at features Visual Studio. Because Visual Student Essential is a long-running series it spans Microsoft releases. As a result courses have been recorded with Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017. The fundamentals of Visual Studio are the same across the editions. So in most cases you can use either 2015 or 2017 and follow along with the examples.
The example application code for most of the courses is written in C# but there will be examples in other .NET languages too. Having basic knowledge of C# and .NET will be helpful. Here's how you can learn more about Visual Studio Essential series or C#. Let's look at our websites. On the Lynda.com website there is this share playlist called Visual Studio Essentials which lists all of the Visual Studio Essential training courses. Over on the LinkedIn learning site go to the search box and type in Visual Studio Essentials and then one tip for filtering it to just courses is to click on the type over here for courses.
So here you see some of the courses. If you want to learn more about C# we'll do the same thing. We'll just search for C#. And here you can see some of our C# courses.
- Selecting a version of Visual Studio
- Downloading the installer
- Installing Visual Studio
- Examining the Product section
- Choosing the installer workloads
- Configuring Visual Studio settings