Explore the versions and editions of Visual Studio, then learn how to download, install, and configure Visual Studio settings for your development needs.
- [Walt] Welcome to this opening installment of my Visual Studio Essentials series. This series is multi segmented and consists of many individual courses. Each course in this series focuses on one aspect of the Visual Studio tool. This initial course is where we look at how to install, setup, and configure Visual Studio on your developer computer. The first step to consider is the prerequisites for this series. Once you understand the skills needed to complete the series, and you determine that you are ready, we'll look at how to install Visual Studio on your computer.
Since Visual Studio is constantly evolving, we'll spend a portion of this course looking at the recent releases of Visual Studio and discuss the published editions. Next is a look at how to configure Visual Studio during the first run, followed by a short look at the basic configurations in Visual Studio. Once you follow the steps in this course, you'll be ready to embark on the remainder of the journey and learn the Visual Studio essentials.
- Selecting a version of Visual Studio
- Downloading the installer
- Installing Visual Studio
- Examining the Product section
- Choosing the installer workloads
- Configuring Visual Studio settings